Constructed in thermomass concrete panels with an acid finish, cedar and Hinuera stone this unique family home contains a range of cutting edge energy efficient and sustainable design features including:
- Solar heated hot water providing hot water for the House and swimming pool.
- Photovoltaic cells generating electricity that is fed back into the grid.
- Thermal storage utilsing the concrete panels and floors with a high levels of insulation including gas filled double glazing in thermally broken window frames
- Energy efficient lighting utilizing lower power long life fluorescents fittings.
- Rainwater harvesting where stormwater is collected off roofs and hard paved surfaces, stored in an in-ground tank and used for irrigation and the flushing of toilets.
- Control of solar gains with temperature controlled automatic
window openers providing cross ventilation, electronically operated tilting louvers and sufficient eave overhangs to provide solar shading when required through the year.